To begin the process of becoming a Hearts rider, download and complete the new-student-application. Once we receive your application, you will be invited to attend an assessment meeting. During this visit, we will talk about issues and goals and begin to develop a plan to allow us to best serve the rider’s needs.
Hearts provides group and private lessons, depending on the needs and preference of the rider. Group lessons will include students with similar abilities, goals, and experiences.
Students are enrolled at Hearts on an annual basis. Hearts provides 47 weeks of riding per year. Tuition fees for 47 weekly lessons are pro-rated across the 12 months of the year. Group lessons cost $240 a month and private lessons cost $320 a month.
Scholarships may be available. To apply for a scholarship, please complete the Tuition Scholarship Application 2015 form and return it to Hearts.
For more information about Therapeutic Riding, please call 805. 964.1519 or email Devon Sachey at: Devon@heartsriding.org.
– Potential riders must be a minimum of four years old. All riders will be assessed initially and placed in the appropriate class based on their abilities.
– Students should arrive fifteen minutes prior to their lesson time.
– Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the duration of the lesson.
– All students must wear long pants and closed-toed shoes, preferably with a heel.
– ASTM-SEI riding helmets are provided and must be worn while riding.
– Young siblings or friends are welcome as long as they are under the supervision of an adult.