Part-time Development Director
Hearts Therapeutic Equestrian Center is seeking a part-time (20-30 hours/week) Development Director. The Development Director will spearhead development efforts as Hearts continues to grow. Qualified applicant has a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of successful experience in this field.
This position is your chance to strengthen a non-profit serving those with special needs in Santa Barbara by creating innovative fund raising, growing donor relationships, developing impactful events, and marketing. BS/BA degree and experience in the field of non-profit development required. We’re an incredibly unique organization with fantastic staff, riders, volunteers and horses! We’re looking for a strong team player who loves people, animals, and making a difference. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hearts Therapeutic inspires, strengthens and motivates people of all ages and abilities through horse-back riding and un-mounted ground work.
• Support and partner with the ED and Board Members on all major fundraising initiatives.
• Actively work with the ED to create and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include increased support from individuals, corporate entities, foundations, and churches/associations.
• Develop donor programs and information; provide and present donor analysis to the ED and Board upon request.
• Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program.
• Oversee Heart’s signature fundraising events and manage smaller cultivation events throughout the year.
• Responsible for assisting the ED with the development and messaging of content for marketing and collateral materials.
• BA (required)
• 5 plus years experience in development and fundraising with demonstrated success in a development, planning special events and donor cultivation.
• Successful track record and tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, leadership, and communication skills.
• Must be creative, innovative and visionary, as well as possess the ability to execute goals to achieve high results.
• Flexible and adaptable. Hearts is a unique and rustic environment full of hay and horses—be prepared to work in the dust!
PATH Certified Riding Instructor
Hearts is looking for a part-time PATH certified Riding Instructor. Please send resumes and inquiries to email@example.com.